Colorectal Cancer: Test Your Knowledge
By Dianna Sinovic
True or false: Colorectal cancer—cancer of the colon or rectum—is the second leading cause of cancer death in the United States.
Test your knowledge of colorectal cancer by taking the following quiz.
1. Colorectal cancer—cancer of the colon or rectum—is the second leading cause of cancer death in the United States.
2. Colorectal cancer strikes older adults more frequently than those younger than 65.
3. Colorectal cancer can develop with few or no symptoms.
4. Colorectal cancer can develop anywhere in the large intestine, also called the colon.
5. A family history of the disease puts you at greater risk for developing colorectal cancer yourself.
6. A colonoscopy is the only test available for colorectal cancer screening.
7. A regular exercise routine can help reduce your risk of developing colorectal cancer.
8. Keeping your weight under control can help reduce your risk of developing colorectal cancer.
Join the Conversation
Like this quiz? Have a point of view to share? Let us know!
Discover More in Cancer Prevention
- Herb May Counter Liver Damage From Chemo
- The World's Best Anti-Cancer Diet
- Does Stress Reduction Benefit Cancer Patients' Health?
- Enlist These Foods to Help Prevent Cancer
- Fight Cancer with Lifestyle Changes
- Green Tea May Help Prevent Oral Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Intake Could Cut Cancer Risk
- Selenium, Omega-3s May Stave Off Colorectal Cancer